Two-sided playing aid for people playing Mah-Jong using the British Mah-Jong Association (BMJA) rules.
Laminated card. Size A4 (210 x 297mm, 8.3 x 11.7 inches).
This is a re-design of the previous laminated playing aid (making it more informative and easier to follow) and includes a couple of recent clarifications from the authors of the BMJA rules relating to special hands: (a) what actually constitutes ‘Buried treasure’ and (b) the score that might be obtained for some of the hands in unusual circumstances .
Side 1 – Preparation, basic scoring and doubling
- Explains how to prepare for playing, including how to build the walls, break one to form the kong box and then deal the tiles
- Shows how to calculate the basic score from pungs, kongs, etc.
- Gives illustrations of all the tiles and their classifications: major & minor suit tiles, honour tiles (Dragons & Winds) and bonus tiles
- Shows the doubling allowed for each of the players
Side 2 – Special hands
- Gives illustrated descriptions of all the special hands and the scores they give you